Sync Your Product Catalog to Famous
The Shoplink Sales Channel enables you to sync your product catalog with the Famous Editor so that you can quickly and easily drag and drop them into your project.
Step 1: Connect Your Store and Project
- For the best results, connected your store to the project before you start designing and use the Shoplink menu to drag and drop products into your design.
- From your Famous account, open an existing project in the Editor or select a template from the template library to open it in the Editor.
- Next, open the Shoplink menu by clicking on the Shoplink icon in the top tool bar.
- Click the Connect button to link the project to your store’s product data.
- If you have connected multiple stores to your Famous Pro account, you will be presented with a dropdown menu that lists each store. Click on the dropdown to expand the menu and click to select the store you want to connect, then click the Connect button to link the store to the project.
- If your store is successfully linked to the project, you will be presented with a confirmation screen that says Your Shopify account is now connected to this project with the name of your store listed at the top of the modal and a Load Products button.
Step 2: Load Products into the Shoplink menu
- Click the Load Products button to load all products that have been made available to Famous into the menu.
- Once your products are loaded into the Shoplink menu, you can drag and drop them onto the Canvas to create your design.
Sync Changes made in Shopify
After products have been published to Shoplink, the product catalog is kept up to date with changes made in Shopify as follows:
- Pages published to your online store automatically sync changes on the first page load following the change in Shopify.
- The Live Preview window and Mobile Live Preview automatically sync changes on the first page load following the change in Shopify.
- To sync changes to products already on the Canvas in the Editor, select the product, then click the refresh icon under the Product Group section on the Object tab in the Right Inspector.
- To sync changes to products loaded into the Shoplink menu, click on the 3 vertical dots to open the menu, then click Refresh Products.
Disconnect Your Store from a project
Disconnecting your store when a project is open on the Canvas servers the data connection to Shopify and converts the Shopify Product Group into a regular content item. This cannot be undone and reconnecting your store to the project will not restore the data connection to the Shopify Product Group. When the data connection between the Editor and Shopify is severed, your products will not be displayed in the Shoplink menu, you can’t publish to your Shopify store domain, and the buy/add to cart buttons are disabled.
To disconnect a store from a project
- Click on the Shoplink icon that appears in the top toolbar in the Editor to open the Shoplink menu.
- Click on the three vertical dots that appear in the top right corner to open the sub-menu.
- Click Disconnect Project to unlink it from your store.