Required from Your Amaze Account
- Download your Amaze project following these directions: Download Source
- Unzip the amaze-project.zip in an easy to find place on your local computer
Required Information from Hosting Provider
Regardless of the provider, you will need the following information to connect and transfer the files.
- Verify that you have FTP access enabled on your site -- some providers require you to ask for this explicitly.
- FTP Username
- FTP Password
- Hosting Directory *
Think carefully about where you will be putting your Amaze built site. If you are only going to be hosting your Amaze site, the files you will be uploading will go in the default directory -- typically public_html/. If you have more than one site, you will need to do a bit more planning and configuring with your service provider. Be sure to think this through carefully as you do not want to overwrite anything accidentally.
Install an sFTP client
To use sFTP, you'll need a special application, or client, installed on your computer. There are many different clients you can use, many available for free. For this document, we will be using Cyberduck. The process should be the same regardless of the application you choose.
Establish a connection
- Launch the sFTP client and enter your FTP username and password.
- Click the Connect button.
- You should now see a directory listing of your files and folders on your hosting server.
- Locate the folder that holds your website
Upload the Amaze files
- On the Server: Make sure the directory you are going to copy the website into is empty
- On your Desktop Computer: copy the contents of the amaze-project directory
- Upload to the Server: paste or copy into the root folder of your website on the hosting server; depending on the sFTP client you may also be able to drag-and-drop the files
- Verify that the files have the same structure as the downloaded directory.
- You should have one index.html
- You should have one script.js
- One or more of the following directories: desktop, mobile, tablet
Access your website
FTP Set Up for Popular Hosting Services
- How to Use Hostinger File Manager
- How to Connect to FTP Account
- Basic Actions in File Manager
- All FTP File Manager Articles
- Introduction to FTP
- FTP Getting Started
- How to Upload a File using the File Manager
- How to Configure FileZilla
- How to Transfer Files with FileZilla